Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Day Job

Every 3 weeks I have an important job to do.  I am the caretaker of a very old cemetary. Its one of the oldest in my town with the church established in 1833.  Buried here are even some Civil War vet's.  My job is to cut the grass, week wack, remove tree limbs, adjust flowers, and momento's left for loved ones, and make sure the cemtary is in great shape. The week that I have to work I am not able to crochet as my work hours are 10 to 12 hours a day for that week.  This summer has been a very hard one as the humidity and temperatures have been in the 100's.  Although I keep hydrated drinking plenty of water and using 50 sunblock I am fair skinned and burn very easy. 

I thought I would share with you pictures of the cemetary so you see what I do.  Its not the normal job, but its one that you have to have alot of respect for.   So just for a moment you can see when I don't get back to the convo's on etsy right away the job I do do.  Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment